We suggest washing your ScratchMeNot products with a mild detergent, such as soap nuts, liquid castile soap, or mild baby detergent.
1. Wash on a Cold Delicate Cycle with a mild detergent.
a. No Bleach or Pre-Stain Treatment (as this breaks the silk down and causes it to tear)
2. Tumble Dry Low
a. If ScratchMeNot is not completely dry after the first cycle, run another cycle or finish drying by air drying.
3. Warm Iron if needed
1. Wash Mittens in Cold Water Only
a. This loosens & removes any excess dirt.
2. Wash with Mild Detergent (see suggestions above)
a. No Bleach or Pre-Stain or stain removal liquids (this breaks the silk down and causes it to tear)
c. Do not leave silk portion to soak in water for long periods of time.
3. Agitate the water with the ScratchMeNot to finish cleaning.
4. Rinse thoroughly.
5. Hand towel dry the silk portion of the mitten, instead of wringing, as twisting silk can break down the natural fibers.
6. Hang or lay down flat to dry
ScratchMeNot Care Tips!
To help make your ScratchMeNot last longer:
a. Use a mild detergent, such as soap nuts, liquid castile soap, or mild baby detergent.
b. When using the washing machine, open the mittens to prevent other clothes snagging the silk.
c. Use an low drying cycle, then air dry if the cycle doesn't completely dry the mittens or cause excessive lint build up.
d. Hand wash
e. Alternate between 2 or more ScratchMeNots, so as one is being used, the other(s) could be washed.
f. Please note: Wash with dark colors or separately.
If you have any questions, contact us!